|Position Title||Procurement Officer|
|Employment status (Full-time, Part-time)||Full Time|
About the role
Mwananchi Credit Limited is Kenya’s No. 1 provider of Logbook Loans and other related secured emergency loans.
We are looking for a procurement officer who will assess products, services, and suppliers and negotiate contracts. He/she will also be responsible for insuring approved purchases are of sufficient quality and are cost-efficient.
- Overseeing and supervising employees and all activities of the purchasing department.
- Preparing plans for the purchase of equipment, services, and supplies.
- Following and enforcing the company’s procurement policies and procedures.
- Reviewing, comparing, analyzing, and approving products and services to be purchased.
- Managing inventories and maintaining accurate purchase and pricing records.
- Maintaining and updating supplier information such as qualifications, delivery times, product ranges, etc.
- Maintaining good supplier relations and negotiating contracts.
- Researching and evaluating prospective suppliers.
- Preparing budgets, cost analyses, and reports.
- Experience in a busy office preferably in a finance institution
- 2+ years of experience as a procurement officer
- Bachelor’s degree in Business Management (Procurement and supply chain)
- Be a member a of Charted Institute of Purchasing and Suppliers is an added advantage.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office and purchasing software.
- Strong communication and negotiation skills.
- Good analytical and strategic thinking skills.
- Attention to detail.
- Contract Management
- Records Management
- Resource Management
How to Apply
Interested and qualified persons to submit their applications by email, attaching an application letter and curriculum vitae to reach [email protected] by or before 25th March 2022. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.