To monitor, collect and manage delinquent portfolios within all segments and return the accounts to performing status, reduce slippage into NPL and/or recover entire outstanding accounts as well as fulfill any other duty assigned by the Manager.
Key roles and Responsibilities
- Demand, and enforce repayment of the assigned portfolio and achieve set targets.
- Conduct detailed negotiations with members, obtain commitment to implement appropriate strategies and actions to cure accounts as well as collect overdue payments.
- Manage Member relationships where turnaround strategies have been activated.
- Proactively manage relationships with key stakeholders, internal and external including service providers.
- Maintain proper Debt Recovery documentation.
- Demand Notice Letters; ensure timely issue of relevant notices to customers that form the debt recovery process, ensure that all 90+ days past due files are properly maintained and have up-to-date file notes, and ensure data integrity for all 90+ days past due is maintained.
- Responsible for maximizing recoveries from written-off accounts.
- Coordinate daily execution of debt follow-up by phone, visits, and recovery.
- Responsible for negotiating repayment plans with delinquent members.
- Monitoring and rehabilitating bad debts.
- Daily reports on collection.
Required Skills & Qualifications
- A diploma in a business-related course or equivalent with demonstrable experience.
- 3 years of vast experience in the financial sector, specifically in debt collection.
- Good negotiation and communication skills.
- Full knowledge of retail clients’ products
- Good computer skills, especially knowledge of Excel and Credit MIS
- Strong analytical and relationship skills and attention to detail
- Ability to be polite and compassionate without lacking confidence.
MEASUREMENT OF PERFORMANCE
- Ability to reduce loans in arrears.
- Ability to collect overdue payments.
- Ability to collect on accounts closed as bad debt.
- Ability to complete special projects assigned and the necessary reports.
- Ability to utilize the resources of the company in a cost-effective manner.
HOW TO APPLY
To make your application, kindly forward your CV and cover letter to [email protected], indicating the position you are applying for as the subject line, or you can use this form to submit the application.