|Job Title:||Records and Document Management Officer|
|Location:||Trade Centre Nairobi|
|Employment Status:||Full Time|
|Closing Date:||30th September 2022|
About The Role
This position is responsible for maintaining an efficient operational workflow but is not limited to Records Management, incoming mail, registry function and electronic document management that supports the services of the organization.
KEY PRIMARY RESPONSIBILITIES
- Implement and maintain an efficient and effective registry management system for the adoption and use within the business
- Sorting and arranging information and documents for filing according to the organization’s record management protocols
- Classifying, coding and indexing information and documents for inclusion in the Company’s registry systems
- Identifying and retrieving information and documents for users
- Recording file and document movements
- Labelling storage locations, and assembling and labelling new files
- Removing inactive and dead files
- Manage archived information by implementing a comprehensive storage facility that facilitates access and retrieval of documents as well as ensure security and controlled access to records/documents.
- Responding to enquiries relating to items maintained in the registry and as required, searching for, identifying and retrieving information and documents for users.
Electronic Document Management
- Coordinating the exercise of continuous scanning of physical documents following the electronic document management system protocols (EDMS).
- Ensure scanning of documents is done in a timely and efficient manner taking into consideration document indexing and assignment to claims handler as an EDMS tickets.
- Overseeing the management and use of the electronic documents management system (EDMS) within the various departments
- Providing the relevant reports in relation to file movement for management consumption
To ensure a smooth transition of the organization to go paperless with the available tools and proper archiving of documents without affecting the operations of the department.
Diploma in Library and Information Science
At Least 1 year in a busy working environment.
How to Apply
To make your application, forward your CV and cover letter to [email protected] indicating the position you are applying for as the subject line on or before 30th September 2022.